Friday, March 1, 2013

DYI - Quick Chevron Rug

A while back I really wanted a new rug for in my kitchen....but I am attempting a life as a girl on a budget. Lame, right? Anywho. I remembered I had some old rag rugs in the closet. I created this beauty with mod podge and fine glitter. I think it turned out really cute. I love it.

step
tape off pattern on rug using painters tape.





step 2
mix 3 parts mod podge, 1 part fine glitter, 1/2 water.



step 3
using a paintbrush paint the exposed parts of the rug. let first coat dry. repeat with a second coat for more solid coverage. (cover your mod podge mixture in a ziploc to keep it moist)





step 4
once the mod podge is completely dry, remove the tape.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be sure to leave an active email address if you would like feedback. Thanks so much for stopping by.
-Saundra