Monday, August 6, 2012

Recipe Holder: Tutorial

Okay, so I hate having things on my kitchen countertops. Drives me bananas! However, recently I have been trying to cook more at home, which means recipe printouts on my counter. This BUGS me. So I decided to make a hidden home for the recipes I will be trying during the week.

Here's what I came up with....

I love it! Neatly tucked away in the cabinet!

Full Tutorial.

Supplies:
laminated fabric
painters tape or sticky velcro
thread
sewing machine

step
cut 1 - 12.5 x 9.5 out of laminated fabric (back)
cut 1 - 9 x 9.5 piece out of laminated fabric (front)

step 2
Take front piece, fold the top edge over 1/4 inch, toward the back of the fabric. Hold in place with painters tape. Sew using a 1/4 inch seam.

step 3
Stack back and front on top of each other, face side up. Sew 1/4 inch seam, starting at the top of the front piece. Sew all three sides, creating a pocket.



step 4
Hang your new recipe holder. I used painters tape so it wouldn't damage my cabinet or be permanent. You could also use velcro with the sticky back. Place one piece of velcro on the back of the recipe holder, place the other piece of velcro on the inside of your cabinet.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be sure to leave an active email address if you would like feedback. Thanks so much for stopping by.
-Saundra